North Andover is a town in Essex Region, Massachusetts, United States. At the 2010 census the populace was 28,352.
North Andover is an area in Essex Area, Massachusetts. The lands southern of the Merrimack River around Lake Cochichewick and the Shawsheen River were set aside by the Massachusetts General Court in 1634 for the purpose of creating an inland cattle ranch. The Cochichewick Ranch, as it was called, was gotten on Might 6, 1646 when Reverend John Woodbridge, who had really exercised the land for the English, paid Pennacook chief Cutshmache six added pounds and also a layer for the lands. The hacienda was after that incorporated as Andover, probably in honor of the hometown of lots of extremely early house owners, Andover, Hampshire, England. The area was centered in what is now North Andover MA, however the spread of negotiation southerly and also west of the old town center created much disagreement in the very early years about the place of the parish church. In 1709, the concern was given the General Court, which booked 2 parish churches, north as well as southern. The churches expanded apart as the years continued April 7, 1855, the North church separated from the south along with was incorporated as North Andover.
There are numerous very initial period (pre-1720) residences still standing in town. The earliest home is potentially the Bridges Home, moved from Marbleridge Roadway to Court Road in 2001; the initial section of this house more than likely dates to concerning 1690. Various various other first duration residences include the Stevens Home on Great Fish Pond Roadway; the Faulkner Home on Appleton Road; the Abiel Stevens Home on Salem Roadway; the Parson Barnard Residence, which is a gallery; a house on Andover Road near the junction with Chickering Roadway; and the Carlton-Frie-Tucker House at 140 Mill Road. No home in North Andover has actually been scientifically dated by dendrochronology, so days are based totally on stylistic facets, initial acts, along with practice.
The North Church on the North Andover Green is a historical church building constructed in 1836. It was the fifth meetinghouse of the Puritan church congregation developed in 1645 in North Andover, Mass. In around 1836 the churchgoers chose to become a Unitarian church and additionally appointed this Gothic building.
North Andover’s growth was varied, with much of the land along the Shawsheen in addition to Merrimack having an interest in industry, in addition to the lands southwest being a lot more agricultural. Various mills were located in the area, along with the Western Electric Company, AT&T’s manufacturing division, which provided telephone equipment for several years prior to it was broken up by AT&T right into the brand-new company, Lucent Technologies. Today, North Andover is considered a bedroom community of the Greater Boston area.
In January 2018, citizens rejected a recommendation for a cannabis-growing as well as likewise proving ground in the previous Lucent Technologies building, along the Merrimack River. The area seminar tally was 1,430 versus having home entertainment cannabis centers and 1,155 voted in favor. The broadening as well as research center would certainly have actually brought the area $100 million over a 20-year period.
According to the USA Census Bureau, the community has a complete location of 27.8 square miles (71.9 km2), of which 26.3 square miles (68.1 km2) is land along with 1.4 square miles (3.7 km2), or 5.18%, is water. The area exists to the south of the Merrimack River, which makes up part of its northwest limit, in addition to the Shawsheen River. The northeast quadrant of area is controlled by Lake Cochichewick, which is additionally surrounded by the Osgood Hill Visit, Dam Hillside Consultation as well as the Reas Fish Pond Sanctuary. The town likewise is home to parts of Harold Parker State Woodland, Boxford State Woodland as well as the Charles W. Ward Visit. There are several creeks, streams along with fish ponds dotting the area.